these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Jul 7, 2010

here she is!

.





middle child (2)
66" x 30"
mixed media on paper
angela simione, 2010



you can sort of see the sky sparkles. glittery paint is hard to capture in a photograph! but the rest of the work is all graphite.


p.s. the larger the work, the smaller the picture. :/ i need to invest in a better camera soon.

13 comments:

Hannah Stephenson said...

You are amazing.

Radish King said...

Stunning so stunning and ripe. I don't know what to say sometimes regarding your work. I just don't know what to say.

Roz Ito said...

this is all kinds of awesome. makes me want to see it in its full-size glory.

angela simione said...

hannah!!!!!! :D thank you, sweet friend!!!!!!

angela simione said...

rebecca! you made me laugh and squeal! i'm so glad you like it! and i like that word "ripe".

half the time i don't know what to say about my work either. most of the time, actually. hahaha!

angela simione said...

roz, thank you! i'm definitely gonna try to get it up on someone else's wall in our neck of the woods, so you WILL be able to see it in person! eventually, eventually. :)

ana c. said...

i can see the sparkles
<3it

Marylinn Kelly said...

Would love the sight of it full-size. Find what you do with graphite - any medium, I would guess - remarkable for the combination of parts tangible and suspected. What a showcase your blog has been. Lucky readers.

angela simione said...

ana! yay!!!! it's my favorite paint in the whole world but it's so hard to get a good picture of. thank you!

angela simione said...

marylinn, thank you!!!!! you just made me blush!

it's pretty massive. it's a drawing that needs its own wall, for sure! :) right now, this and the tire swing are side by side in my bedroom. it's nice to lay in bed and get overwhelmed by the pair of them.

Frenchy Pectoralis said...

aNGIE! /what happened to my post inqyeer regarding OH MY GOD BILL IS STUCK IN THE WE::! -- I just went to access and have MY ill read and you destroyed both mine and YOUR reply

What's up wit that
ANGIE?

BTW
i'm the one who the next orange wall likes to listen to all night to hear if i'm making love to my hushusband of 30yrs still or not, you know the ill one.

thanks for keepin things honest and above board.

Anonymous said...

i do love it1!!!
it´s so the truth!

i love you and your work. keep struggling and living!!!

i am ok, painting... but now i have a pc. new posts soon....

xoxo
yolanda

angela simione said...

yolanda, thank you! and i'm so happy to hear you're painting!!!! YES!!!!! :D