these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Jul 10, 2010

ed ruscha, you give me hope.


4 comments:

Radish King said...

this piece matches your day yesterday your description of your day pretty much exactly as I read it. I agree with the cleansing quality of museums. The quite inside them the study the grace.
love,
Rebecca

Roz Ito said...

ed ruscha is one of my all-time art heroes too. which museum?

damn angela, hidden killer wells and freeway cop shootouts... i'm glad you escaped harm yourself both times. take care of yourself out there!

angela simione said...

rebecca, SUCH a sense a grace in there! just beautiful and calming and my friend bought me a coffee at the roof top garden and i drank it right under the big Louise Bourgeois spider. i felt so refreshed and renewed and hopeful by the time we left.
love
angela

angela simione said...

roz! get thee to the SFMOMA!!! these aren't the ruscha works on display, it's one of his black foggy houses and the word FOOL painting. so so so gorgeous! the previously-closed-to-the-public Fisher Collection has merged with SFMOMA and it's on display right now. go see, go see, go see! and there was a massive gerhard richter there too!!!! as well as his smaller black and white photo-realist paintings.

no kidding! who knew country living was more perilous than life in the city! geez! and thank you, i'm so glad it wasn't me in the center of this stuff. it sucks enough being in the vicinity. :/