these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Apr 15, 2010

this makes me smile

drunk sonnet 14 by daniel bailey from blake butler on Vimeo.



dear mr. butler,

i especially like the part where you go "oookay oookay ooookay" and then you rub your face and let your finger dally behind your ear and this makes me what to zerbert you on the cheek.

:)

thank you for your time,

angela simione

6 comments:

Alanna Risse said...

I like the push of the button at the end. Finger from up high and proud.

angela simione said...

word! hahahaha!

p.s. so glad you still check up on me here. it makes my day bright and happy.

Anonymous said...

Angela; are you familiar with John Berryman?

angela simione said...

hello steve, i am very glad to make your acquaintance because i did NOT know of this poet! geez! how could this be???? because a quick google search of this man's work got my attention FAST! and i mean, FAST! my god.

thank you so so much!

Marta Sanchez said...

Blackland - love the title sort of been floating there, float away for a little bit. Thanks Angela your blog is a respite.

angela simione said...

marta, thank you for your exceedingly kind words. it is my absolute pleasure to provide, and such a joy that i'm not the only one who finds respite here.