these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Feb 15, 2010

i realized just now that i don't need to be afraid of anything.

i have a good life. tubes of silver and gold at my disposal. availability and opportunity and such a shimmering, such a great glittering storm. and i can look at my own life and self and say 'i approve!" this is a good feeling. and so much happy wonder. my friends are doing well. they are happy and on fire inside their work. they are making things and loving things and this builds up such a fiery appreciation in me, such a deep inspiration and gladness. people are making art and people are making their way and i just feel so lucky to be here, now, watching the whole big beauty of it unfold. i have a good life.

8 comments:

melampyrum said...

Nice, I enjoyed reading this! Your words give power and hope forth.

angela simione said...

thank you so much! i'm so glad you found it all the way over here on the other side of the world! :)

Maggie May said...

to realize it is your beauty!

angela simione said...

hey maggie! thank you! i've just been so amazed with people lately. entirely. and so grateful.

Elisabeth said...

Good for you, Angela.

It seems to me the enjoyment you find in your life correlates with the pleasure you get from your art, so I'm not surprised by the pleasure life brings you.

angela simione said...

you are absolutely right, elisabeth! i think art is the best thing in the entire world. i count myself so lucky to be able to make at least some of it... and very lucky to see the art that comes out of the hands of others.

melampyrum said...

I'm happy too! I was searching for a paper jewelry maker, whose name is Angela Simone... and that's how I ran into your art, I was amazed by your paper work over at Ashes&Milk, then I loved the 'apron theme', a lucky coincidence. There must be something papery in your name :)

angela simione said...

melampyrum-

hahahahaa! i've seen her work before! i guess this is something papery in our name!

i'm so glad you like the work over at Ashes & Milk, and the apron portraits are some of the work closest to my heart right now. thank you!!!! :)