these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Sep 30, 2009

arg...

it's still cold. bitter biting morning cold. i hate it.

yesterday on The Jog, my inner ear ached horribly from all that damned icy wind flooding in to it. no fun at all and, even though obeying The Almighty Jog is a pleasure and necessity not to be toyed with, i have given myself permission to put it off a couple extra hours today in the hope it'll warm up just a little and my ears won't freeze as i run around in the big ol' silent and cold vineyard.

i do not own ear-muffs. i think ear-muffs are stupid when you live in california. there's no excuse for any of us to wear ear-muffs. ever. people in the real cold are the only people who should be allowed to sport them. here in california, it's just fashion when someone puts them on. that weirdo "hi, i'm a dude who likes to wear unicorn t-shirts" fashion. every now and then i see a guy who can really, seriously pull that look off but it's rare. very rare. but there are legions of men out here trying to pull it off themselves. with ear-muffs. barf. puke. barf. throw up a little in my mouth.

all this to say i am already doing laundry. not because i want to but as an excuse to run the dryer and have my little cottage flooded with warmth. the pilot light is out on the heater and i don't feel like singing any thing on my face today. the dryer will suffice.

No comments: