these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Sep 29, 2009

change...

it is cold here. it has been for the past two days. it looked sunny and bright and warm through the window, but i stepped out in to a strong icy wind. seems autumn has actually arrived. all orange and yellow. and if not for the wind, it might have been warm.

autumn is a strange time for me. there's something in how the light comes down. there's something in all this yellow that makes me feel some type of quiet longing. a memory in the body, i suppose. this is the time of year when things seem more valuable and more special than they would have in summer... and the days stretch out. not quite long but slow. it makes me wish i were independently wealthy so that me and my sweetie could sleep in and stay under our quilts all day, hide from the cold outside and watch movies in bed. no work, no fatigue, no responsibility; just us, snuggled up against the strange longing that finds me each year in this season. i don't know why. i don't know if it's good or bad, just that it's the case... and it has everything to do with all the yellow coming down from the trees.

No comments: