these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Aug 31, 2009

waking up...

yesterday i dropped Lineage (4) off at the gallery. my ladies are gone and on their way to finding a new home. it is always a happy/sad moment. mostly happy, but i always feel a bit of a tug on my heart when i let go of a work that i feel i really put myself in to and that canvas is definitely in that crowd. but stopping in at the gallery and hanging out for a bit always puts me in a better mood and eases my mind and heart. i've been all twisted up lately over life's big questions - a very obnoxious, uneasy, un-fun occurrence - but going to the gallery yesterday and just having conversation about art and looking at the work of others really helped me calm down and refocus on the positive aspects of life.

i'm in the next show at the gallery which opens tomorrow and the reception is a couple days later on the 3rd- my birthday! i'm really looking forward to it. really, really, really! all the little apron portraits that i've made so far (save one) will be on display (one of them was used as the image on the show postcard! yay!), along with one of my favorite mono prints and the big canvas i just dropped off. shows are always exciting and a very happy moment and it's just what i need. there's really nothing i'd rather do on my birthday than this. it's the best present ever. :) whoever's in the area, please come by! bring a friend and have some wine and some laughs and celebrate art and birth and change and work and progress with me! click the gallery link for details.

2 comments:

Radish King said...

Happy almost birthday brilliant girl.
r

angela simione said...

thank you! i'm actually sota looking forward to this one. the first one in years i've looked forward to and been happy about. it's a good feeling and i'm happy to have something so cool to do that night. i'll send you one of the postcards with The Package.