these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Aug 29, 2009

i must be vague...

not entirely unexpected... more like ignored. put on the back burner until i became strong enough to look at it...

i am on that horrible cusp of knowing the time has come to make the hard decision, to choose need over desire. my eyes have landed on it and i know what the clock says and what the wind is trying to do and where the seeds will land if i do not intervene. one scared hand must be raised. one small fist must curl around one small falling ember. just one. just one.



and once it is seen, it must remain so. it must. or else. and so i go back to making signs for myself and leaving them were i have to look at them. nudge myself to stop being so afraid, to know the land i stand on and run through; its' scents and hints. the hard time is here. for as much as i want to hide under my quilt and drown out the sounds... i can't. i will put it on the fridge like an "A" on a test and encourage myself to do what is right and good and necessary.



"reminder"
15" x 11"
watercolor on paper
angela simione, 2009

4 comments:

Radish King said...

Dear The Amazing Angela, if you weren't afraid, you wouldn't be a true artist.

love,
Rebecca


wv: Lingsber, a kind of smelly cheese or an obscure offshoot of the Dutch language.

angela simione said...

thank you. :) i hope so.

Radish King said...

I wish you could come over. We could have wine in the garden and talk about art and I would mother you and then you'd leave all disgusted.

hahahaha

xox


wv: racybra (the only kind I wear)

angela simione said...

hahaha! (me too - racybra)

i would absolutely love that. i miss that stuff more than i can tell you and it makes me good and happy. :)



wv:hobound - out looking for hos.