these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Jul 13, 2009

all better!

The Jog is the cure-all. it really is. moving fast through the wide, empty vineyard at dusk put a quick end to the despondent pity-party i was having for myself earlier today. endorphins are magical. so is sweat and hard breathing. small successes are what save people- breed resilience and self-reliance, enthusiasm. and now my little one is curled up at my feet, in love with her mama again. :) why i even take a day off from The Jog here and there is beyond me. i've got it in my head that it's dangerous to run every day. i'm pretty sure i'm wrong about that and should just do it anyway. it's just too good to me, too good for me. and now, at the end of the day, i'm finally in the mood to paint. ha! i think i'll have to settle for a night of crocheting.

4 comments:

Alanna Risse said...

here here. I too am feeling better now that I'm back to a running schedule. My butt says otherwise at the moment but I'm sure it'll catch on soon.

In my most deep depressing or frustrating times, running or hiking was always the cure. I don't know why I choose to forget this knowledge sometimes.

angela simione said...

your butt will feel great in about a week! how often are you running? i've been stuck at 4 times a week for the past 2 months and am trying to make it 5 this week. here's hoping! running is a magical, magical thing for sure. it's so interesting to see how connected the mind and body are... how much of our mental anguish decides to hide in our muscles.

Alanna Risse said...

three days running, three days x-training or walking. I'm doing a 10k training program. The alternate days are supposed to help prevent injury and allow you to increase mileage weekly to get ready for the race. If you've got a regular daily routine, I'm sure 5 days is fine as long as you aren't doing 10 miles a day or something crazy.

angela simione said...

dang yo! you're doing some hardcore, serious stuff! nice!

no, i'm running about 2 miles. should be okay on the knees, especially after upgrading from converse to real running shoes. ha! it became so much easier and so much more enjoyable once i got the right pair of shoes.