these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Jun 23, 2009

YAWN...

geez. the day after a trip to the city, i always have such a hard time rolling out of bed! and this after yesterday's cheerful post about waking up early and taking care of business. ha! it's 8:30 and i'm just now starting to get a move on. there's a lot to be done today too. of all my errands, i only got two taken care of- dropping off the new painting and buying a pair of running shoes. the cute, bebe sport's i bought aren't worth a damn to run in. and so now i've learned the lesson the hard way and the answer is yes: it IS too much to ask to be comfortable AND stylish. ain't gonna happen, girls. no, no, no. and that kinda pisses me off, actually, because GOOD DESIGN ensures that the marriage of form and function is an equal one. where are all the good shoe designers? i guess they're all making heels and boots and stuff like that. the running shoe must be low man on the totem pole. and so in light of all this new found knowledge, i opted to buy one of the ugliest running shoes i could find. the company has a great reputation and i've known a few people who run marathons who swear by this particular shoe. i'll test it out for myself later on today and give you a full report. until then, i'm drinking coffee, playing in the paint, and trying to find the motivation to finally do the grocery shopping. and maybe a bit of laundry too. we'll see.

4 comments:

Heather Jerdee said...

Gooood late morning, I have to tell you I agree oil paints do smell good :) I also read your post this weekend and I don't think it was art snobby, passionate yes. I've really liked all that you've been writing about intention and communication with your art. We have all these thoughts and insights when we are working and it's so inspiring to read yours :) I just read this the last night it's from a writer, "My writing is not here to support me. I am here to support my writing." Ok I can't finish my thought my right now I gotta go (kids) I'll be back like Arnold says, anyways inspiring Angela

angela simione said...

thanks heather! i'm glad you liked that post. later that day i started second-guessing how i'd said a few things and got a bit sheepish about it so i hid it. :) maybe i should re-publish the thing???

Hannah Stephenson said...

That's a Tuesday for you. Rock on!

angela simione said...

ha! totally! lazy, slow-moving, lathargic tuesday. :) i eventually did the grocery shopping and went on The Jog, and i got a good amount of painting done too. it sure did take a lot of coffee before hand though first.