these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Apr 13, 2009

good morning, monday!

sorry about not posting during the weekend- super busy! and with nothing terribly exciting or art related... unless, of course, throwing out old drawings that have been following me around since my community college days counts. and even though i feel much better now, yesterday i was a bit despondent about the whole thing. i get attached to things quite easily- a habit i am hard at work with trying to break. i have all sorts of sentimental attachments to things, objects, items that i'd be better off without. it's hard work and not the least bit fun to let go off things like old photos of people you aren't friends with anymore and weren't really friends with in the first place. it's hard to let go of old letters and bad art and nic-naks from a decade ago... but it must be done and so i rise to the challenge again. this is round 3 of my somewhat-spring cleaning and it has gotten quite cut-throat around here. my sweetie has been very compassionate about the whole thing and very encouraging as well. he seems to understand, completely, how hard it is sometimes for a romantic girl like me to throw out an old teddy bear.

but now it's monday and, with the weekend and it's emotionalism under my belt, i am back in the studio and already brewing myself a second pot of coffee. thank god for wondrous hazelnut and oil paint. my 'grey girls' are coming along so nicely. i must be on the 14th layer of paint by now. still nowhere near being done but having a ton of fun working on it and re-learning so much. it's a painting that i feel gratitude toward. and my second 'maids' painting is going pretty well too... i think i'll start number 3 later today and really jump in to this series with both feet. i'm just too excited about it not to. i printed out a picture of 'Lineage' and tacked it up in my little studio and have felt so much better ever since. i really do love that painting. :) but she deserves to be out in the world and given the chance to work her magic.

No comments: