these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Apr 13, 2009

free...

the laundry spins and wasps bump against the window pane; i lift my eyelids and i lift my arm. i lift my brush. there. there. there. i am lost in the bow tied at the neck of her dress. precise. she is lovely... the little one, the youngest of the grey girls...
it has been a good day for painting.

i came across another stack of drawings that i no longer have room for and aren't fit to be shown. on my way to the recycle bin, i turned around and brought them all back inside. i got out my straight-edge instead and tore them down to postcard size. i've got a ton of strange half-faces, halved paper-dolls, and drip-ridden abstractions sitting in my bookcase now. if you want one send me your address. the first round will go out this weekend and you are more than welcome to as many as you'd like: angelasimione@aol.com

2 comments:

Heather Jerdee said...

Angela- I will email you I would love a post card to put up in my house for inspiration :)

I've been going to Good Will just about every month for the last six months getting rid of stuff to it is are but the payoff of a lighter load of stuff feel's so good.

And tada I have a poem this is from Shel Silverstein's Where the Sidewalk Ends. I loved this book so much as a little girl and still do:) This poem is my oldest son's favorite Dancing Pants, it's so great and silly.

Dancing Pants

And now for the Dancing Pants,
Doing their fabulous dance.
From the seat to the pleat
They will bounce to the beat,
With no legs inside them
And no feet beneath.
They'll whirl and twirl, and jiggle and prance,
So just start the music
And give them a chance-
Let's have a big hand for the wonderful, marvelous,
Super sensational, utterly fabulous,
Talented Dancing Pants!

I think later I might have to post a poem on my blog I'm liking this :) And I'll be back to share another. Have a good day Angela!

angela simione said...

ha! i had that book as a little girl too! thanks! more poems please!!!! :)

yes, it IS hard work but it'll be completely worth it once it's all said and done, you are right about that.

and yay for postcards! i'll be sending them out this weekend. i'll hold on to a couple for you.