these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Aug 11, 2010

yup uh huh that's right!

this week i bumped up the The Almighty Jog to 3.4 miles and even tried out a new location that includes more inclines than the vineyard does. to be dramatic and self-congratulating about it, I FEEL LIKE A WARRIOR! YAY! strong, capable, and not so easily defeated after all. SASSY!


:)

4 comments:

Maggie May said...

that is awesome. my body hates running. i can dance five hours straight, or walk, or play sports, or even do the stairmaster just find, but running makes my ears hurt, my thighs burn and itch, a huge stitch in my side appear and my knees ( both broken ) hurt. so you rock :)

angela simione said...

thanks maggie!!!! it's taken a long time to build up to this! it's been a year since i started running. and before that, there was 6 months of careful walking in order to prepare for the run. i slipped the same disk in my back twice in the same month. it left a fair amount of pain in its wake. some very unfun damage. all this to say- i'm surprised i can even do this! but i envy your ability to dance five hours straight for sure! when i was 18 i couldn't even do that!

i am sorry for your knees. that is PAIN!

Marta Sanchez said...

Yay! I didn't know you ran. You are inspiring me to start my walking again. I had been up to about 4 miles. My goal was 8 miles by year end. Maybe with your inspriation I will make it. Have you read: Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Will Never see - incredible book.

angela simione said...

marta, yes! walk walk walk! you'll get there!

i have NOT heard of this book! i will check it out for sure! thank you! :)