these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Jun 28, 2010

another new week

monday morning. again again again. coffee in the pot, coffee in my cup, and The Almighty Jog awaits. the slow traffic rumbles on the 2 lane highway and the sky is only just-now blue. it was white a few minutes ago, aching and sleepy. breath on a mirror. smiley faces on a window pane. 6 months of the New Year gone already. a flung arrow. my my my. and the burn of so many plans. days stacked upon days. aching and sleepy, yes. but happy too. and excited. and not at all worried about stupidity or perfection. not one bit.

good morning. :)

4 comments:

Avo said...

Good morning Blackshine. have a lovely Jog. : j

Marylinn Kelly said...

"Stupidity and perfection..." the foes of an illuminated mind. Your post yesterday...we were two sixth-grade girls, putting on lipstick in the back booth at Larry's, waiting for the junior high boys, one with the knife-scar only enhancing his beautiful face...stories I never told my mother.

angela simione said...

good morning, bobby mcfarrin! i love seeing the dimples in your smile!

it was a wonderful run this morning!

angela simione said...

marylinn- "stories i never told my mother" AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! YES EXACTLY! :D

thank you for that! and i love your images here. 6th grade is a weird, jumbly, important time. exceedingly.