these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Sep 12, 2009

a new and different morning...

awake and quiet in san francisco. the fog has yet to lift. i am on my second large cup of cafe-acquired coffee and have decided that the best thing for me to do is to bypass having a plan for the day.

yesterday before i left my little home, my copy of sharon olds' 'Satan Says' showed up in the mail and i began reading it instantly. it is one of three books i brought along for my little stay in the city and i began my morning with it and such a lovely angered spark of honesty and courage and inappropriate vocabulary surges as a result. i love her work. every single poem i've read. i will read it all and then i will read it again and again and again. also in tow- rebecca loudon's 'Radish King' (buy it!) and my little murder mystery 'Quiet as a Nun' which i will probably finish tonight. lucky for little me there is a slew of used book-stores here and oddities shops and art galleries and all sorts of things that make my heart cry out in sheer ecstatic thankfulness.

san francisco is my favorite city. it is beautiful and jam packed with history and culture and every corner is mysterious and interesting and worth the walk. this is why my plan for today is to have no plan- save practicing the new mantra. it is the only rule. no more, no less. besides, it's raining right now and until the sky clears and goes blue, i am content to sit inside and redact book pages and make poems while i house sit.

No comments: