these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Sep 14, 2009

ahhhhhhh...

a second day of grey drizzle in san francisco yesterday so i packed up the beautiful boxer i'm watching, locked my buddy's house up, and caravanned back out to wine-land for some love and sunshine. i just couldn't stay away on my sweetheart's day off. i'm such a whipped, romantic, little freak that way. :) and with another dog in the squad, inga (my rottweiler) is so jealous! ha! i'll be attempting The Almighty Jog this morning with both of them in tow. we'll see how it goes. it will at least present an opportunity for some laughs, i'm sure. and tangled leashes. i always feel sorry for professional dog-walkers. no matter how much a person might love dogs, it seems like a pretty stressful gig. super duper stressful. i would be a neurotic mess.

but tonight i head back to the city and won't return until wednesday. i've made a few plans that include museums and art-making and long walks up and down the long, tall streets. my waking rituals of coffee and scribbling in my notebook and jogging have been undisturbed by my changes in location recently and i am on the upswing- feeling excited by life and am flooded with lovely ideas daily. my sketch book (pages and pages of lists, really) is getting fat with reminders. yesterday while driving, a few golden lines of poetry floated in to my brain and i didn't want to lose them so i actually flipped open my notebook on my lap and scrawled them out, huge and childlike, without looking so i could keep my eyes on the road. i haven't done that in years! i know it sounds a bit dangerous but what's art without a little risk? :)

the sun is out, bright and good, and two dogs are sleeping peacefully at my feet being good little girls. i have a big mug of hazelnut coffee and a wide-open day in front of me. just as quick as a rainy day found me, a sunny one followed. i am happy and alert and in love and so so so thankful for the life (and lives) around me.

No comments: