these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Jun 9, 2009

waiting pages...

while arranging and re-arranging and re-curating all of my many portfolios, i came across a pretty big collection of collages. these two really caught my eye and, as a pair, look so good together. seeing these again for the first time in months really got me itching to do some text-based work again (aside from the banners).




there's just such poetry in work like this and the repetitive action of writing the same word over and over and over again lends a healthy conceptual bend to the work... albeit, obsessive.



waiting pages
21" x 16" (irregular)
ink on collage
angela simione, 2008



waiting pages detail


available at black fence