these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Jun 9, 2009

back to work...

oh, i can't tell you how good it feels to have the second Lineage painting completed! after i finished and photographed the canvas yesterday, i got to work on number 3 for about 2 hours and then decided it was alright if i took the rest of the day off. and it was. i took an evening walk through the vineyards with my neighbor and our dogs, found a new favorite flower (i have no clue what its name is),talked for hours, and (of course) enjoyed some tasty, tasty, tasty chardonnay. :)

today, i'm back to the regular program of coffee, morning writing, The Jog, and a full day of painting. i've got a few errands to run too- another trip to the Goodwill is in order. the more i get rid of, the better. our little cottage is looking so spacious and light-filled lately, i want to keep up my steam with that end of things.

it's so easy for me to ignore the dishes and laundry and all the stuff that comes along for the ride when you've got a place of your own. gone are the days of mom when the dishes magically cleaned themselves and the carpet was always fresh. this is the part of adulthood i dislike- cleaning up after yourself. ha! not that my mom cleaned up after me (we had our fair share of housework and chores growing up), i've just always hated cleaning. i hate it. those commercials where the women are having a vacuum race with big smiles on their face just kills me. nothing could be further from the truth. nothing. i know Snoop Dog enjoys vacuuming... he finds it to be calming... but he's a big ol' pothead and i'm not.

3 comments:

Heather Jerdee said...

Hee-hee I hate cleaning too with a passion but I sure love it when its done. I have a friend who had a back injury and had some extra vicadan (sp?) her back was acting up and she was having company so she took one. She didn't mind cleaning at all that day:) Your painting is gorgeous!!! It definitely provokes my imagination to wonder about their secret world, the stories these two could tell and their bond, the history they share. And seeing part of the process is so interesting, the mono printing sounded like a blast too I don't know anything about mono printing, really interesting too.

angela simione said...

thanks heather! oh, you'd love monoprinting. love! it's basically a printed painting (or drawing)- totally one of a kind! try it out! i think you'd totally take to it and the results are just amazing. :)

angela simione said...
This comment has been removed by the author.