these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Jun 29, 2009

two more!




both works - untitled
11" x 7.5"
water-soluble graphite, gouache, and masking tape on paper
angela simione, 2009

trying to make the best out of the heat wave. hopefully tomorrow we'll get a bit of a break and i can get back to painting outside for more than just an hour a day. it's been nice to have a couple days just to look at the canvasses while i work on other things but i don't want to lose my quick pace. these little works are great though and i think it'll just be a little side-project of mine... 20 portraits is what i'm shooting for. dang! 20 GOOD portraits... we'll see!

2 comments:

sMacThoughts said...

This series is wonderful. Not sure why, but I just love masking tape; it makes me happy. :P

angela simione said...

me too! one of my art-school buddies worked almost exclusively in masking tape for about a year- these big ol' abstractions made out of tape loops. once i tried it, i was hooked. i'm so happy you like these! :)