these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Jun 27, 2009

effing summertime...

ah... uhhhh... blah.... it's 105 degrees here in wine-land. gross. so gross. extra gross. and though we've got a swamp-cooler, the line that feeds it water has cracked since last summer so we're roasting here in our little cottage. the dog is laying limp on the linoleum and my sweetie and i are both ready to follow her lead. no more painting for today. i can barely move without feeling disgusting. it's sticky and hot and i'm wondering how the hell this could be happening... didn't i move out of southern california to get away from heat like this?

2 comments:

Heather Jerdee said...

I have no idea what a swamp cooler is? hmmm like air conditioning? I live in Minnesota and I ain't gonna lie the winter is awful, terrible, every winter I think why the hell am I still here? yeah... I dunno:) But living in a cottage by vineyards that does sound dreamy, except your 105 temps right now.

angela simione said...

yeah... i guess it is kinda dreamy. :) but today it's supposed to get up tp 110. wtf! i can't even enjoy my coffee outside today- it's already to hot for that. sweaty all over.

a swamp-cooler is basically an air conditioner. it runs on water and is pretty much good for cooling down a single room. i didn't know what one was either until i moved up this way. in southern california central air conditioning was mandatory everywhere.