these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Jun 19, 2009

after a long day of painting...

i'm finally feeling like it's appropriate to give the title "done". after much ado, struggle, and the annoying back and forth dance that is process, i give you Lineage 3-


Lineage 3
44" x 38"
oil on canvas
angela simione, 2009

4 comments:

Heather Jerdee said...

Angela all that hard work definitely paid off, the light and the shadows just gorgeous. I also love how their hands tell so much in this one.

angela simione said...

the hand on the girl on the right is actually my favorite part of this painting. that and the buttons. love the buttons.

Hannah Stephenson said...

I can tell that the hand is your favorite--it drew my eye right away!! One is saying to the other..."And then he said..."

angela simione said...

ha! totally! i was toying with the idea of naming it "just between you and me" but then i thought what for? it's already there in the pose of the hand. :)