these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Apr 9, 2009

a bit of this, a bit of that...

so for about that last 4 months or so i've been asked, with ever-increasing regularity, if i've got a Facebook account. apparently, MySpace has fallen somewhat out of favor for the adult crowd and Facebook is the preferred way to stay connected to all your college buddies. so, yesterday evening i set up an account and am already completely obsessed by it- my new shiny toy to break. just the way it goes for me. i've already checked it today and am now holding it up as a golden carrot to bribe myself in to getting some work done. aside from the many canvasses in my studio, there's also a sink full of dirty dishes that need to be done and a pile of laundry in the bathroom. we'll see.

later today i'm going to my first ever wine-tasting. i'm so excited! and i don't really even like wine all that much. i've recently acquired a taste for the whites (chardonnay is at the top of my tastiness list) but still no luck with reds. they taste like rancid butter to me. or dirt. plain ol' dirt in a fancy glass. but i hope to get overcome this and develop some adult taste-buds in the near future. again, we'll see.

but for all of you in the san francisco bay area region of the world, tonight is the opening reception for marci washington's solo show at Rena Bransten, Dark Mirror.



i won't be able to make it out to see it until the weekend but if you've got nothing planned, i highly recommend it. marci is not only a super great painter but a huge sweetheart and the gallery she shows with is one of my all-time favorites. the evening will not disappoint.

No comments: