these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Jan 17, 2009

yawn and stretch and yawn...

long day. i am worn out. thankfully though, i had a pretty fun day at work. i got to design the framing for a rad screen print and two awesome photographs. simply beautiful and i was given the go ahead to do whatever i thought was best for the work. i can't wait to see what they look like once all the materials arrive. the lady who placed the order was so sweet and excited. her son's in art school right now and she just went on and on about how proud she is of him for following his dreams and that she thinks (and has always thought) artists are just the most wonderful people in the world. it really warmed my heart... especially to see a parent so supportive of their child's art education and career. parents like that are in the definite minority, sadly.

anyway, i just got done eating a HUGE bowl of spaghetti. my sweetheart had it waiting for me when i walked in the door. and now, with a full belly and sore feet, i'm ready to hop in my pajamas, laze around the house a bit, and then tuck myself in bed. no work tomorrow and i plan on sleeping in as late as i want. no alarm clocks for this girl... at least for one day. :)

No comments: