these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Jan 16, 2009

oops!

so... it's 1:45 on friday morning but it's still pretty much thursday night for me, so... as long as i post again, i'm gonna go ahead and say that i didn't mess up on my daily blogging resolution. :) excuse? i lost track of time. i got sucked in to vh1 reality tv again. lame, i know, i just can't turn away from that drama sometimes! it's just all so over the top and ridiculous and not based in reality at all! gotta love that trash television. i swear, it's like crack. i know it's bad, it's not something i want to admit to but i just keep on going back for more. my favorite of the new shows so far has got to be the tool academy. it's so damn tragic and just plain silly... that it's almost endearing. i don't know, its just mind-numbing fun to get lost in when it comes right down to it.

anyway, i finally got to work on a new painting. there's even a bit of subtle color in it. i feel good about it and i'm excited to see where it leads me. i'm not trying to force the painting to be something it's not and the scale totally suits the subject. i can't wait to share it with you guys but it'll be a few weeks - i want to take it slow and make a point of enjoying the process of painting. the detour i took by leaping so quickly into a more colorful palette really choked my practice. i need to proceed with caution and not second-guess my default aesthetics anymore. if it ain't broke...

No comments: