these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Dec 12, 2008

currently...

dressed in polka dot pajamas, listening to patti smith, and painting in between loads of long-neglected laundry. i am back to my beloved black and white and it feels perfect. the other paintings have been flipped around to face the wall so i stop thinking about them for a while.
i've been occupying most of my time with reading and writing though... winter habits, i suppose. not to mention the fact that i have been giving in to the temptation to look through my photo-albums and re-read old letters and diaries. it must be a side-effect of the season: nostalgia and the need for reflection. anyway, i hope i get over it soon. there's so much i'd rather be doing than taking trips down memory lane, waking up old ghosts, and giving in to lethargy. blah. snap out of it sister and get back to work.

No comments: