these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Oct 17, 2013

one pencil scratch at a time

.







getting there.

.

2 comments:

Radish King said...

It's gorgeous and intense and I couldn't figure out why so terrifying but I have now I know now it's the pov of a very very small child a just crawling infant looking up into the shadows of a piece of ancient furniture something velvet and imposing something that I can't touch and there's dark underneath too and yet the figure of a body the weight and depth of a body resides in the empty chair. It is heartbreaking and tactile and gorgeous.

Oh honey had I the money I would I would I would buy it from you. Spectacular. Fucking amazing.
love,
Rebecca

angela simione said...

honey, i apologize it's taken me so long to respond to your comment but i truly just don't know how! it's such a good one!!! all i can say is THANK YOU!!!! and I LOVE YOU!!!! and YES!!!! it's an image i've been in love with for years so it feels so wonderful and affirming to know others respond to it as powerfully as i do. i took the photo three years ago and have wanted to turn it in to a drawing ever since. one night, the feeling was right. i've been waiting for that feeling to find me for sooooooo long. it finally did and i am so happy to know that the image resonates with you as well, dear one. xoxoxo