these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Nov 20, 2011

perfect timing

all of a sudden, the light of evening shifts.

all of a sudden, so heartbroken and small.

we worry our hands and tap our feet.

or i do.

but my face is calm. i do not shiver or sneer.

you don't know a thing.

my lipstick is perfect.

4 comments:

Radish King said...

Thank you for this I love you.
rebecca

angela simione said...

thank YOU, dear friend. :) i love you.

by the way, did my postcard ever make it to you? i sent one to you and my other rebecca on the same day weeks and weeks and weeks ago and it never made it to her house. i'm thinking yours never arrived either. maybe my postcard stamps are outdated? let me know. i'll send another one of the exact same image. <3

Radish King said...

No postcard! ***wails of grief***
xoxox

angela simione said...

damn cheapskate postal system!!!! arg. i'll get a shiney, new postcard out to you in the morning, love. ;)