these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Jul 12, 2011

first half

.





.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say hi and let you know I am reading your blog. I am sorry this is so painful. I think it is good that you are writing/posting about it.

Jenny

angela simione said...

hi jenny, thank you for saying hello and for reading here.

yes, it can creep up out of nowhere sometimes but i do not think it is a pain that will ever really go away. it's a huge part of who i am now and i am only getting to know this new person i've become... motherless daughter. it is a strange thing to be. i'm thankful for your encouragement. i never know if i share too much here. it's good to know i'm on a good road. :)

Radish King said...

Hey dear heart. Thinking of you today.
love,
Rebecca

angela simione said...

thank you, love. (((BIG HUG)))

Angela said...

I think it is so brave all of the things that you share here, and I hope that it is helping you. Sending {{{HUGS}}}

angela simione said...

angela, thank you so much! it does help and i hope it helps others as well. i recieve the hugs gratefully! always glad to meet another angela. :)

Alanna Risse said...

I had one of those days. So heavy. And it turned out to be my father's birthday. I was the first year I'd forgotten it since his death.

angela simione said...

alanna, yes... super heavy. this in-born, biological connection. it seems the blood itself feels the loss. blood like lead. zu schwer.