these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Jun 27, 2011

not a contest.

stare at me. i'll stare at you. there's something to it.









THOU SHALT DIE
hand-crocheted sweater
angela simione, 2011

7 comments:

sMacThoughts said...

HOLD on.... not only do you have talent in writing and art, but now you crochet, and not doilies but cool sweaters?? Come on!!! This is entirely unfair.

angela simione said...

hahahahaha! thank you, susan!!!! i like this WAY more than what my sweetie says to me. he's taken to calling me "old lady angela" because of the crocheting. and i say "but i'm making super cool sweaters about death???" and he just smiles and says "old lady angela" again. ha! :)

Radish King said...

You are making art and you are gorgeous and did I tell you she's ready but I can't afford to pick her up yet because I have to go to the dump a bunch of times with all the blackberry brambls because the slumlord has threatened to rais the rent if I don't make my back yard look like a postage stamp?

hahaaha. long story.

Everything you touch is art and you are gorgeous and I LOVE that photo.

Hannah Stephenson said...

WONDERFUL!!!

I think I've mentioned it before to you (maybe?), but it's like that Scout Niblett song called "Your Beat Kicks Back Like Death"--she keeps repeating, "We're all gonna die...we don't know when, we don't know how"...it's not in a depressing way---she sounds matter-of-fact and kind of light.

angela simione said...

rebecca, thank you so much! each new sweater ends up being my new favorite and i hope to be able to put a bit of mileage on this one tomorrow night.

slumlords are the worst. especially one's that have demands. isn't that kinda counter to what a slumlord is supposed to be? aren't they supposed to have absolutely no standards whatsoever and be entirely absent? that's their only charm. that sucks. oh, i hope she can come home soon!

angela simione said...

p.s. thank you!!! that photo turned out pretty good! my 3+ mile run around the lake is working wonders! ha! ;)

angela simione said...

hannah, thank you!!! that song is fantastic! i hadn't heard it before! how is that possible? it'll definitely be a guiding light as i move forward. :D