these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Dec 6, 2010

busy is good

i just finished crocheting the last 25 roses for my wall installation at Slingshot which i will begin installing tonight. there are 300 roses total. it's a big piece. and inviting. the last time i made one of these (first and only, actually. until now.) people would walk up to the wall and lay against the roses. :) i'm excited to see the piece installed and may go ahead and work through the night to get it done. once it's up, i can focus all my attention on the new painting.

my schedule is completely irregular these days. so be it. i'm still getting everything done that i need to, it's just at different times of the day than it usually is. still running, still working, still getting good sleep, but i am in a race against the end of the year and I WILL WIN.

No comments: