these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Nov 12, 2010

oh yeah!

in the midst of all this fanfare, i totally forgot that yesterday was my one month anniversary of being a non-smoker! AHHHHHHHHHH! i am making myself some 'congratulations!' blueberry muffins as we speak. :)

4 comments:

Radish King said...

You are amazing. Quitting was the hardest thing I've ever done in my entire life. Ever. Well done dear girl. One day at a time, eh?
love,
Rebecca

Maggie May said...

Congratulations!!! I quit when I was 30, after smoking since 15, and it was such a relief as each cluster of months went by, to realize that I was not poisoning my body anymore. I missed it like hell sometimes but the relief and energy was worth it. Plus, food tastes better :)

angela simione said...

rebecca-

ha! totally one day at a time! 15 minutes at a time! but i feel fantastic. i was really ready to give it up and move on this time. thank you, dear friend. <3

angela simione said...

maggie, me too! for the passed several years, i felt increasingly bad about it. when i turned 30 in september i made up my mind to get ready. i started when i was 14 and it really started to bother me that i'd developed an addiction of this magnitude as a child. the amazing thing is, i actually feel less stressed without it! who knew! thank you!!!!! :D