these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Oct 18, 2010

today:

i had jury duty today and i landed right in the box, right at the very start. i was dismissed at the end of the day and felt mildly sad about it. it was actually really interesting to see the judicial system from the inside... from that particular vantage. it's a rare point of view. i don't know anyone who has actually served as a juror for a trial.

but now, worn out, i'm glad to be home. i didn't get much sleep last night. my non-smoker sleep disturbances are still pretty steep. they should wear off soon i'm told.

i am making myself some tea and then my dog and i are going for a walk. i want to enjoy my freedom to roam about as i please. being in a courtroom all day made me feel the need to get out in to a natural landscape.

No comments: