these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Sep 29, 2010

morning

the light on the other side of the window has shifted from blue to yellow.

in an hour, i will run.

my long mornings begin to move quickly now.

it stays dark a bit longer: the earth on its axis. seasons shifting around each other. the grapes are dying. the odd resurgence of summer heat as we hit the turn in to autumn.

the harvest this year will be a bad one.

but it is no less beautiful.

and i own no vineyard.

i have the freedom to run through a deep stretch of their winding leaves. the man who owns the land says the bright red NO TRESPASSING signs do not apply to me. he is kind and a gentleman. i take the paths as my own. i sweat.

i have the vultures and crows. they are the deepest, most luxurious black. they shine, perched on the stakes at the ends of the rows. they don't move as i approach and i can feel the pull of their black eyes. eyes so black they become absent. and i can feel the pull of their absent fear. a fluttering non-chalance. regal, unconsumed. other.

big black birds are not daunted by this world. or this girl. i love them for both those reasons and more.




earl grey with honey in my cup.

the light goes on bending.

2 comments:

Christine E. Hamm, Poet Professor Painter said...

Oh God, I would love to run on that kind of land -- or even walk!

angela simione said...

it's wonderful, christine! so green and fresh and bird sounds everywhere. i never really considered myself to be a nature girl until after i moved here. the light here is always gorgeous.