these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Jul 27, 2010

dear ariana reines,

for what it's worth, i really like what you're about. i saw a person talk some shit to you online in the comments section at Everyday Genius. i like the way you handled that. i liked it as much as i like your work and your blog, which is VERY MUCH. there's just something about what you do that gives me a lot of hope and i'm really appreciative of that. it makes me want to be more courageous and more attentive to ethics.

i like how you tell the truth. i like the words you use. i like your eyeglasses.

i like that you know you don't owe anybody anything and so all the work you make has a Gift function. i especially like that you MEAN IT- this art thing. again, it gives me a lot of hope.

thank you.

angela

4 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Thank you Angela. I checked Ariana Reines out. I too stand in awe, breathless, haunted. You have such an eye for the wondrous.

angela simione said...

elisabeth, i'm so happy you went and visited her and liked it too! yay! 'haunted' is definitely a perfect word for how her work leaves me.

Christine E. Hamm, Poet Professor Painter said...

omigod yes!!! thank you for pointing me to that poem it is really really lovely

angela simione said...

YAY!!! you're welcome, christine! i'm so glad you liked it! awesome all over the place! :D