these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Mar 18, 2010

true story

Gabriel





(all the white daisies in the field all the white daisies go crunch crunch crunch)

by the far fence, the little girl gathered lady bugs. so many her hands were all red. my eyes were big and my heart was full and i thought she would be my most perfect friend. i loved her for her hands. an angel in the wide field. gently gently, collecting and collecting, saving the tiny ruby bodies from the rain. then she smiled at me and said 'watch this' and quick quick she slammed her hands together. RED RED PALMS held up in front of my face. thrown in front of my face. crushed in front of my face, in front of my wide, wide eyes. i ran and my breath was fast and my heart was choked. i heard her giggle, small and pleased. the angel in the far field. i looked back as she bent to the grass and began to collect again.

3 comments:

Christine E. Hamm, Poet Professor Painter said...

Really nice flow. Very vivid.

angela simione said...

thank you, christine! i'm going to keep working on this piece. little tweeks here and there. i'll tell you... when this happened, i was entirely horrified! i was about 7 or 8 years old. i wonder where that little girl is today and if she remembers it too.

angela simione said...

p.s. i'm working on some stuff for you. re-reading The Bell Jar in preparation. ;)