these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Feb 24, 2010

this morning...

grey again. and as the rain came down, i pushed my graphite in to the white expanse and i finished her portrait. she is leaning against the wall, strapped to her board and smiling. we are both satisfied. but it is only for now. there will be another portrait of her. and another. and another.

a strange culmination of events and ideas... the art i've been looking at and the things i've been reading and all this twisting study... a prior version of myself has woken up. a stronger, more daring, less indecisive, less fearful version. and i push the graphite in to the white expanse until it is black and slick and reflective. an embrace. an acceptance. very much a locking together of the past with the present- an unapologetic view... something unashamed.

i want to be vague a little while longer. i don't want to get ahead of myself and share this work yet. i want to keep this dance between myself and the black i skid and push and end up wearing all up and down my arms, all over my face, within the length of my hair, and across the thighs of my jeans. just us. just we two. just me and you. dance. dance. so slow. warm. and breath beginning to quicken.

No comments: