these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Nov 8, 2009

goodness...

i stayed tight and warm and away from most forms of technology this weekend and will resume this plan in just a few minutes because it has treated me so well the past few days. we had another little house-hunting adventure yesterday. the first house we saw has already been snapped up by some lucky person out there but no matter- there is something out there for us too and patience is what we'll need to find it. in the meantime i've been crocheting and painting little heartfelt pictures of words. the ground outside in the good light is still wet from the storm so i can't take pictures just yet but i'll have things to share soon. and last night i had a kind of dream i've never had before, at least not that i can remember. it was drawn. yep. and it was drawn in the style of the illustrations that are found in my childhood shell silverstien books. i dreamt i was a little scribble of a girl and i had a red balloon. the balloon was the only bit of color in the whole dream. everything else was black and white and scratchy. i had black and white striped stockings. i wore a little scratchy white dress and pig-tails in my hair. i was a little girl. little. myself as a child and very quiet. and i tied my balloon to the big limb of a tree just like a tire swing. but every time i tried to swing on my balloon, it would rise up, helium filled. when i backed away from it, it would lower itself again. i wasn't sad in the dream and woke up after trying to ride the balloon for the second time. i came out in to the living room to the smell of freshly brewed coffee and old footage of peewee's playhouse way back when it was a theater production. god bless peewee herman. paul rubens is a genius. it was perfect and happy and my sweetheart is starting a steak dinner for us. sunday. sweet and beautiful and warm. meka-leka-hi meka-hiney-ho.

4 comments:

Alanna Risse said...

I had a dream last night that I was learning to crochet little flowers like you did at CCA. We were going to collaborate. I wanted us to cover an entire building in a blanket of black, crocheted flowers.

Safe trip.

angela simione said...

this is a totally attainable dream. seriously. i have a big black trash bag full of black crocheted flowers and another full of white. any old barns out there that some zany, phillathropic farmer might let us take a run at?

thank you. :)

Alanna Risse said...

Hmmm, I'm going to start looking.

angela simione said...

let me know! portand isn't that far of a drive. :)