these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Oct 6, 2009

round 3...


Alpha (study #3)
30" x 22"
mixed media on paper
angela simione, 2009

she looks younger in this piece... closer to her age in the photograph i think, but i'm not sure the addition of color is something she likes.

i'll listen harder.

5 comments:

Radish King said...

oh i love the color. it grabbed me immediately. it gives her some life in there some sunlight. keep going. i trust you.

xox

Radish King said...

ps. you're stepping outside the newspaper. you're hearing her.

angela simione said...

i'm trying. and i will keep on trying. :)

maybe subtle color will help her come out of her shell???

Radish King said...

To me the earlier one strikes at the heart like a blade like a knife blade. This is warmer. I guess it's whatever Elsie tells you she wants to be on any given day. She is/was a child after all, mercurial in her moods. I don't think there will be one Elsie in the end. I think they will all the the Alpha, the one, the beginning. A series. An entire gallery of Elsies. Imagine!

xo

angela simione said...

i think you are right. there can't be just one. she shape-shifts. she plays pretend. just like the child she was/is. and somedays she's happy, somedays she is anything but.

an entire gallery...
a suite...

just the thought of it.