these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Oct 1, 2009

good morning!

thursday. i like the name of this day.

i slept-in today. not by much, maybe a half hour. and it was so nice and snuggly and warm in my bed. my sweetheart came in and rubbed my back to wake me. a pretty nice way to greet the day. :) and so i got up, made my beloved coffee, and wrote in my notebook for a solid hour. and as soon as i tucked my pen away, i grabbed my paint brush. the aprons on the new maid portraits were calling first thing. i've learned to listen and not fight their call. i've learned that i shouldn't ignore them. my practice suffers hard when i do. whichever project starts yelling for attention is the one i spend the day with.

yesterday, the house itself was screaming at me...

september was a strange month.
i neglected a great many things.
i was distracted...

so the laundry piled up and paintings leaned against every available wall waiting for a hook to hang on and the carpets groaned under the traffic of all my projects. i am a tragic pile-maker. all sorts of piles, some made of paper, some made of books, dotted the hallway even. my strange cleaning mania reared up and i got to work. i cleaned almost all day. crazed cleaning like washing the walls and stuff like that. insanity. but it feels so much better now and i have space to work in again. maybe that's why the maids were calling me so loudly for attention this morning... i had an apron of my own on all day, pretty much right up until bedtime.

for as often as i talk about cleaning on this blog, one might thing i'm a neurotic neat-freak. nope. just neurotic. :)

No comments: