these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Sep 23, 2009

stitches...

another one of the little lovely humble things i've been keeping all to myself...


warning
14" x 11" (framed)
embroidery
angela simione, 2009

inspired by the little sign i made myself that was hanging on my fridge. this will be hung up in the kitchen as soon as i'm done writing this post, right in line with the front door so that it's one of the first things you see when you walk in. no longer a warning to self, i suppose. i love the aggressiveness of this little piece. embroidery can be tough too, ya know.

it makes me want to put together an entire show- all embroidery, all red and white. a fun and creepy little side-project to dream about, for sure.

p.s. sorry for all the reflective glare. i was excited and couldn't wait for the sun to shove off to the other side of the sky. :)

No comments: