these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Sep 16, 2009

:)

do you ever wonder if god has a flavor?

humans have flavors.

when i die and god kisses me he'll leave my lips all full of nectarine sugar and i'll go skipping off like a child to go see what flavors saints and angels carry.

i'm convinced there's lots of kissing in heaven. there must be! and not in that sexual kind of way, in the "I'M SO HAPPY I CAN'T STAND IT!" kind of way. i get that way sometimes here down on earth. i kiss books and dogs and hands and feet and cheeks of boys and girls alike and other people's poems and i always ease out a breathy thank you too.

there's gotta be tons of kisses in heaven.

No comments: