these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Aug 21, 2009

sleepy...

my sweetie took the day off from work. :) three day weekend. and he taught me how the change the brakes and roters on the truck. he guided me along but i did all the work. i even wore my pair of coveralls. and then sloppy-joes and 'the soloist'. sad and beautiful but not without humor and opportunities to smile. and robert downey jr is in it so that's the best reason of all to see it. and now i am rounding out my day on the computer- the instrument i've avoided with a fair amount of success all day. but there is work to be done. always. good work. i shant complain.

p.s. two of my art blurbs published today at ANTLER. go look and meet some new artists to follow and adore. :)

No comments: