these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Aug 7, 2009

pretty...

i've started playing around with book-making again. it's something i absolutely love but fell off the wagon with due to an asshole professor who gave me a bad grade just because she didn't like me. in fact, she made it pretty clear that that was exactly the reason why i didn't get an A. guess it's my fault since i'm the one who made the mistake of asking why i got the grade i got, right? no matter, i got that crap removed from my transcript anyhow- fall through units. ha!

anyway, i've felt bad for a really long time that i let one of the worlds' jerks ruin something i value and really enjoy doing so i've been playing around with the form, just sort of diving right in and seeing where i go. no plan, no safety net, no eraser. the one of a kind artist book is something i've always been so drawn to. they are gorgeous and special and so totally romantic. and i'm a big fan of romance.

this is what i did today. just getting my feet wet:












and that's gouache on every single page! i spent a ton of time waiting for paint to dry today. tons! you'd think i'd be use to that but NO. so i got some laundry done today too on the in between time.


text:
such a pretty girl
robbed of her bell

angela simione, 2009

2 comments:

Radish King said...

WOW! You continue to amaze me. Every single day. Double WOW!
r

angela simione said...

thank you! i'm so happy you like this! for being such a small book it has sure given me some big ideas.