these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Aug 14, 2009

page by page...

in progress...
a new process...
teaching myself about poetry one slow, painted page at a time.






angela simione, 2009

the words are the white of the paper. it is patient work. it isn't perfect but the method makes me consider each line, each word on its own... it makes me dig in and sniff around and pay close attention to how words want to move...

words want to move like pages, like wings, like a burn.

4 comments:

Radish King said...

teaching myself about poetry one slow, painted page at a time




Somewhat like learning to read, nu? One slow letter at a time. I think it's a perfect analogy.

xo
r

angela simione said...

yes. i think studying poetry has taught me HOW to read, and see, in a deep deep way. i'm not much good at it yet but maybe one day and maybe that's not even the point. it's just so nice to have around and be around and makes my life so much fuller and better. words floating all through the house and through me and i can't imagine a life without them.

Anne Elizabeth Carmack said...

the words are the white of the paper?!?!?!?!?
It's truly beautiful work..glad to be working with you over at Antler...looking forward to seeing more of your work!
xo
anne

angela simione said...

hi anne,

thank you so much!

yep, the white of the paper. a little trick of mine to make sure i don't get carried off by my NOW NOW NOW attitude. :)

i am so happy to be working with you as well! you are a wonderful writer.