these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Jul 24, 2009

wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!

yesterday i took the day off from painting to read poetry and go poke around in antique shops. :) and today has shaped up to be exactly the same. nicey nice! it's alright to take a day off every now and then to enjoy life and see what's going on out in the big, wide world. i picked up a few more antiques photographs and a big burlap basket thingamajig and a totally kitchy "Alice in Wonderland" tin paint palette. total score! and my copy of Rebecca Loudon's Radish King came in the mail too (which is AMAZING! it is on the recommended reading list, for sure!). so, between enjoying beautiful, burning words and treasure-hunting, i had a damn good two days. :)

making time to appreciate the hard work of others is definitely high on my list of priorities these days. there's just so much GOOD WORK out there! every time i make a sale on etsy, i immediately turn around and buy something from another artist on the site. immediately. if i could spend all the proceeds from my little shop on other etsy shops, i would. it's become so important to me to show my appreciation for the work other artists do and to give whatever amount of support and encouragement i can. i know how positively i respond to encouragement and how much it lightens my spirit and strengthens my resolve and persistence. it really is the least i can do to offer that same encouragement to those whose work i admire and believe in. it just enriches my daily living in such tremendous, undeniable ways. i'm so thankful for artists. they make my world go round. check the 'friends and inspirations' link list to the right.

No comments: