these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Jul 27, 2009

it's time...

between layers of paint i cleaned my house and bagged up some old clothes for the goodwill. round 4 of the cleaning/weeding/sorting fiasco is here. it's so hard. i've somehow managed to become horribly sentimentally attached to most things i own. and although i've done a pretty good job of pairing down, clearing out, and making space for a the new life i'm attempting to build, i've got to do better. it's time to let go of some stuff i've really been putting off dealing with: old photos and letters and art. it's always hard to throw out things like that but i feel like a huge burden will be eased once i do. the maid paintings are teaching me how to let go... the importance of letting go... the importance of forgiveness... of moving away from anger toward something much more refined and light-

compassion.

i've got to learn how to extend it to myself.

No comments: