these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Jun 7, 2009

oh, sangria...

i made sure to put my sangria in a to-go cup. yes, one of those big, red, plastic numbers and it's sitting on the desk right next to my left elbow right this second. yes, i am out unchaperoned, cruising the wild corners of the internet, leaving alcohol fueled comments again. ha! sangria, i cannot turn you away. yu-uh-my! if you've never had it, i suggest it- cuban style if you've got options.

my day has been, start to finish, full of friendship and warmth and thankfulness and easy generosity. people are wonderful. the simple things really are what matter most. love and understanding and compassion are FREE... and i think that the giving of these things is what makes a person free. joy is contagious if you let it be. unexpected goodness rained down from the far stretches of internet-land this weekend and i feel blessed in so many ways. WORDS MATTER. blessed in too many ways to count and i can honestly say all the struggle, the whole up-hill battle of it all, has been worth it and will always be.

No comments: