these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

May 2, 2009

rainy day...

the storm that rolled in yesterday morning is still going strong. it is grey and cold and the rain shows no signs of letting up. the weather channel says i can expect some sunshine on thursday. and even though i'd love to take inga on a walk, i don't own an umbrella. seems four years of living in the bay area has yet to break my southern california lifestyle training. i'm always surprised when it rains.

and so i've got the heater going, wishing i had a stoked fire to sit in front of with hot chocolate on a big bear skin rug like they do in the movies, or a claw foot bathtub piled high and soft with mountains of white, romantic bubbles and lather. i'll do what i can to create a semblance of these things and a big bowl of italian wedding soup is definitely in order. i will not wash dishes today or do anything that qualifies as a responsibility. nope, nope, nope. my sweetie is off for the day in sacramento and so i've got the house all to myself. the tv is off and will remain so. it's a quiet day without demands or the pressing red of my many goals. i'll cross my fingers that the weather forecast was wrong and that a bright day will find me tomorrow.

2 comments:

sMacThoughts said...

You write poetically. And your artwork there on the margin is stunning! Glad to have discovered you.

angela simione said...

thank you so much! :) (blushing with a big ol' grin)