these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

May 5, 2009

done!


Sunday 3 (Sheep in Fog)
30" x 40"
oil on canvas
angela simione, 2009

6 comments:

sMacThoughts said...

spectacular!!!

Hannah Stephenson said...

This is really nice.

angela simione said...

yay! thank you guys so much! :)

Radish King said...

they are heartbreaking. the knees of the girl on the left are slightly knocked and the girl on the right, well her dress is too large the hem uneven like it was made by a beloved aunt. And her socks are so bright. They shine like a heart.

angela simione said...

i so love your reactions and descriptions. they make me smile wide and clean and make me want to stay up all night painting. i feel reassured and that maybe (maybe) i'm doing something that matters.
thank you so much, rebecca.

:)

Radish King said...

Oh yes, it matters. It matters a great deal to me. I've become smitten with your paintings you know. If I were rich I'd buy one.

xor


ps. I keep thinking about this one. From here the girl on the left looks like she knelt in the dirt. I was and still am a dirt kneeler. I love that.