these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Mar 17, 2009

happy...

coffee in hand, my brain buzzing with ideas and, even though it's still dark outside, there are no sounds of rain... a great day already.

yesterday, i worked on the big canvas all day long- lots of looking, lots of scrutinizing, and laying paint down at a slow and finicky pace. today, she gets to just sit there and look pretty while i wait for her to dry so i can attend to her wishes and whimsies tomorrow. i've got plenty of other canvasses to wrestle with anyhow... it's just that she's the one i like best. :) i'm anxious to see her finished. effing need for patience!

and yesterday, i also received my thank you letter from artists space for donating two drawings to their annual benefit, night of 1000 drawings, and found out that both works sold! yay! big ol' feather in my cap and goofy grin on my face! it always makes me so happy when a stranger takes a piece of my work home with them...

so as a treat, i bought myself a collection of sharon olds poetry and a new pair of black gemstone studs. :) i know i shouldn't have but i was happy and couldn't resist!

and oh! the sale at the shop has been going pretty well but it ends this friday so get on it if you want something kids!

No comments: